So if you remember… Nah this post is not about Olivia’s New Life but about blogging.
I (the author of Olivia’s New Life, aka Vanessa) have been blessed. Kerri, a fellow blogger, nominated Olivia’s New Life for the Blogger Recognition Award (happy dance). She writes a fantastic blog at http://www.kerriandthebusylife.co.uk/, go and check it out!
OK, but what’s the Blogger Recognition Award?
It’s an award given by fellow bloggers, who understand the hard work put into blogging, but most of all recognise the value of bloggers. Yes, we are useful. This Award is also a way to showcase new bloggers and enable them to connect with different readers. In one word, this Award is “awesome”.
Why did I start blogging?
Olivia’s New Life is loosely based on my own experience of changing career from corporate analyst to doctor. Being in my 30’s and being a mother made this transition very complicated.
I went through so many changes to get into medical school, I wanted to reflect on these changes and my personal growth.
Talking with friends, I realised that many people struggle with a change in career. So why not blog about it?
In addition, I like writing and telling stories and I love drawing, so I decided to combine both together… and Olivia was born.
Advice for new bloggers?
I have been blogging for one year (happy anniversary Olivia’s New Life). However, I have been actively promoting the blog over this summer.
So advice #1: Join a group of like-minded bloggers to help you get off the ground. I have found the support and invaluable shared tips.
Advice #2: Be patient. After one year, I received the first request for a sponsored post. I’m currently testing the product to see whether it will be suitable for the readers. But it took ONE YEAR! Sometimes, you can read articles about bloggers monetising their posts after a month. It does happen, but if it doesn’t happen to you, it’s OK! (or am I just trying to comfort myself?)
In return for being myself a nominee, I must nominate other fellow bloggers in order to recognise their work and achievement.
And the nominees are:
- Joan – http://www.jrrmblog.com/
- Karin – https://kikidee690.blogspot.co.uk/
- Laetitia – http://poppetpatch.com/
- Sindy – http://www.sindisosdiary.com/
- Vidal – http://mildbrown.weebly.com/
- Puveshree – http://lifesatreat.co.za/
- Natalija – http://frugalinsa.com/
- Leyla – http://www.motherhooddiaries.com/
- Flossie – http://supermomhacks.com/
- Chim – http://akynfullhouse.net/
Congratulations to all of them! They are doing a wonderful JOB.
The rules of the Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of How/Why you started blogging.
- Give two pieces of advice you would give to brand new bloggers.
- Select 10-15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog letting them know you have nominated them giving the link to the post you have created.